Based in Potsdam, Germany
April 20, 2018
Press / Business contact:
Stahnsdorfer Straße 146C
+49 176 98 24 51 41 (Erik)
Deck-building meets twin-stick shooter: Use more than 42 cards in combat. Pick one of 3 unique characters and
fight your way through an island with 4 levels. Unlock new cards and improve your decks. Test your skill in more than 30 challenges.
ACardShooter is a game that combines two different genres: It may look like a simple third person shooter at first glance, but a collectible card game lies at its core. You won’t make it long by blindly firing at your enemies without the help of those powerful cards.
The developers behind ACardShooter are a group of IT students from Potsdam, Germany.
After participating in the Ludum Dare 41 Game Jam, they decided to keep working on their game to eventually publish it.
HistoryHow it started
Development started on 20th April 2018, in the context of Ludum Dare 41. Markus and Erik often participated in such Game Jams before. Usually, the main objective was trying out new ideas, testing new technologies and having fun. But this time was different: Everybody on the team had so much fun developing and playing the game and the feedback was so positive that they just had to continue this project. So four of the original seven team members decided to improve the game and to eventually publish it.The current situation
In the autumn of 2018, the developers started their master studies and resumed the development of ACardShooter. At the same time they decided to create a blog with weekly updates on ACardShooter. After multiple months of development, testing, polishing and balancing the game approached a state where the team felt satisfied. So in spring 2019, preparations for a release in the summer of 2019 began.Future Plans
After Release, the game will still get love - there are still many new ideas and possible improvements. The development of this game might be slowed down (so that the developers can focus on finishing their master’s degree), but the game will be continued and maintained.
- Fast paced roguelike action
- 42+ effect cards to play during battle
- 3 unique characters and 4 levels
- 30+ challenges to test your skill
- Various different enemies and bosses to face
- Gradually unlocking content through game progress
- Beautiful pixel art style
ACardShooter Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for ACardShooter, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
- "I actually rolled my eyes when I saw your entry; a shooter with deck-building? This’ll be a boring mess! I was wrong."
- HuvaaKoodia, Comment on our LudumDare entry
- "Overall, a great game! Be proud of it"
- _str1pe, Comment on our LudumDare entry
- "Congratulations! Your game ROCK!"
- haharo, Comment on our LudumDare entry
Team & Repeating Collaborator